Thursday, February 21, 2013

Covey Run for Children's - 2012

Greg and I decided to run the 2012 Covey Run with the kids in the stroller. Since we were pushing the kiddos (about 100lbs) we decided to just do the 5k, although we signed up for the 10k. We were getting ready to start and the shotgun went off for the 10k folks. We waited for most of them to go but decided maybe it was a good idea to start with the 10k guys but run the 5k to avoid all the other pokey peeps walk/jogging. Well, the 5k peeps started about 10min later and went a different route, so Greg took off but I was in the middle of tying my shoe. When I stood up to go, they roped off the entrance...that meant that Greg not only started with the 10k participants, but also was stuck going the 10k route...with the kids!! So since they wouldn't let anyone thru I had to wait until the 5k leg started...stroller free! The whole reason I was switching to the 5k was because I thought I would be pushing that dang thing! So then the 5k shotgun goes off and we all start running! I pass Greg but he couldn't stop and run the rest with me because he would have had a sub-30min time on his chip, while pushing 100lbs! Ha! So he was a trooper and ran the whole dang thing with a sub-hour time! Crazy guy! The highlight of the event was the Kids Run. It was about a 100 yard dash. Here are some pics, Alyssa ran the entire way and was so proud of the metal she wore! I loved doing this with her, so she first saw Mommy and Daddy racing and then she got to race. This was in August 2012, but worth the blog! Maybe next year Cohen can run it too!









1 comment:

  1. Aww I love the pics of the kids run! She looks so excited. I didn't know Greg started without you, that "shoelace trick" was a great way to avoid pushing the stroller! Good one! Haha jk. :)

    ReplyDelete