Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm Backkkkkkkkk

Oh man! So much has happened in the past 10 months! Alyssa turned 3, Cohen went from crawling to running to climbing out of his crib to learning how to open baby gates and overturn laundry baskets to use as stools to get into every dangerous drawer in our house! Greg and I have both changed jobs and are flying by the seat of our pants! Thanks to Rachael, my blog got a face lift!! So I will try and blog more!!

I am going to go through a few highlights of 2012 so that I do not miss anything! So please forgive the loooong post!


Alyssa - She has experimented in several activities. We have enrolled her in Gymnastics, Ballet, Lil Kickers, and now swimming. She loved the Gymnastics, but Ballet was too slow paced for her and Lil Kickers also required too much "paying attention" and she didn't appreciate the fat-lip one of the crazy kids gave her. Lys also had her first dentist visit! It went great! She is so awesome in those types of scenarios!! Now if only I can get her to act that proper at home! She also celebrated her 3rd birthday! It was SO fun, we rented out a bounce house and invited WAY too many people! She loved it and most of the other kids had a great time!

Cohen - Took his first step on May 31st... it's been pure craziness since then!  He also celebrated his 1st birthday!! He has a lot of awesome qualities, he is cuddly, sweet, will stop and kiss me on demand. Some of his not-so-nice qualities are that he is a biter, hitter, and hair puller. He bit my Grandma Edean so hard that she went to the doctor because he drew blood and it got infected!! Our sweet little vampire...

Greg - Went from an apprentice at SSA to a journeyman at APL. Sweet!  He also celebrated his dirty 30! We threw a big 30th Mustache Bash and everyone wore mustache's or grew their own. Loads of fun!

Lynsey - Promoted from Inside Sales to Preferred Account Manager. Was a bridesmaid in Sheena's wedding. Completed first (and last) Half-Marathon. My goal was to be under 2h 30min. I came in at 2:29:28!! Ha! I also went to the Madonna concert. This was a life-changing event and definitely worth mentioning. She was an amazing performer. We had VIP passes and at certain points of the night we were only 8 rows away... I could almost feel her sweat! Ha! I also celebrated my big 3-0 with Sheena!! We rented a bus and went wine tasting. It was SO much fun! I also took my sister and her friend to Jingle Bell Bash with Rachael. That was a crazy fun night!!

Immediate Family - We took a few camping trips and spent Thanksgiving in Palm Springs. In PS, we took a road trip over to Disneyland for the day. The kids had a blast, Alyssa was in awe meeting her favorite characters, but everyone was pretty exhausted after about 4 hours. Greg and I vowed never to take our kids on an airplane again though. Non-stop crying on both flights... I get stressed just thinking about it! My mom graduated from College! Yay!! My BABY sister turned 18!

Well those are some highlights of 2012!! Stay tuned for more crazy stories from my crazy life!!

2 comments: