Sunday, February 24, 2013

Operation DIY - Greg's Birthday

Whoa. Did I really just use the term DIY?! Yep! That's right folks! I thought outside of the box this year for Greg's birthday presents! So the kids and I headed to Michaels to get all the fixings necessary to make Dad some magnets and art! The first thing we did was make a tree with their handprints...they were stoked, because let's face it, who doesn't love having their hands saturated in paint! That went great and I was very happy with the outcome! The next project was to make magnets. Greg has a huge toolbox at work...we are talking like a walk-in closet-esque toolbox! It's all metal so I thought it would be cute to make some magnets so that he has a little bit of family flair in his workspace! At Michaels I bought some magnet-paper and then peeled off the sticky side and added a picture of the kids/card stock, then let the kiddos decorate! It was cute, easy, not messy, and they loved it! Cohen mostly liked it because then he got to draw on his face...yah thats not really a black eye! Alyssa got to wrap everything and she is beyond proud of herself! Operation DIY was a success!

















1 comment:

  1. Way to go Lyns!! Those magnets are so cute. :) I love the tree too, you are good at drawig trees! Did he love it??

    ReplyDelete